Once I had an irritating skin condition over most of my body. At the time, I was working on a project that was intended to benefit students from around the world. It required lots of work by many dedicated people. Working with some of these “mental giants,” I often found myself feeling inadequate. In praying about the specific task I’d been assigned, I turned repeatedly to one particular Bible verse in Psalms: “As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.” I needed to wake up to the fact that I was (and am) God’s likeness. This lifted my thought to a more spiritual level. And after many days of looking, through prayer, into God’s “face”–not some person’s–for affirmation of worth and satisfaction, I realized that the skin condition was gone. I not only felt satisfied–I felt inspired. My appearance even improved. Friends I hadn’t seen for a while asked what had happened to me.
Upcoming Bible Lessons
- 4/15/2018 - Are Sin, Disease, and Death Real?
- 4/22/2018 - Doctrine of Atonement
- 4/29/2018 - Probation After Death
- Demystifying Spiritual Healing – Free Web Lecture by Beth Packer, C.S. – Replay
- Healing Ideas and Prayer for PTSD: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Healed [Videos]
- “Fear thou not for I am with thee” Brought Healing
- Seeking Higher Thoughts from a Higher Source – Webinar Lecture by Tony Lobl, CS on April 10, 2016
- Church cleanup in April 2013